We are still manufacturing number plates as normal - with free delivery! (update 05/04)
As stated on the Gov website, it is a legal requirement for us to see proof that you own the registration.
We need to see a photo of two original documents, one that shows each of the following:
- Proof of your name and address
- Proof that you're allowed to use the registration number
As soon as these two photos are sent to our email, the manufacturing process of your number plates will begin.
Part 1 - Identification
A photo of the front of any one of these original documents will be sufficient proof of your name and address.
- Drivers Licence
- Provisional Drivers Licence
- Utility Bill, Council Tax bill or rates bill (from within the last 6 months)
- Bank or building society statement (from within the last 6 months)
- National Identity Card
The following documents will prove your name only
- Passport (doesn't have to be issued in the UK)
- Bank or building society debit or credit card
- Police warrant card
- Armed forces identity card
Part 2 - Entitlement of Registration
A photo of the front of any one of these original documents will be sufficient proof that you own the registration.
- Vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
- New keepers supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
- Certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI)
- Retention document (V778)
- Renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
- Temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
- Number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the DVLA or DVSA
- An electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948)
- Letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (Including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate
- If your fleet is in the new V5C on demand scheme (V5C suppression) a PDF of the vehicles details from the view vehicle record service
The photo must show the whole document, as we need to see the reference number to be able to fulfil our DVLA documentation.
If you are having any issues with these documents, or are confused about what we need to see, please contact our support team.